Travel Agents Association Khyber PakhtunkhwaAffiliated with Peshawar Chamber of Small Trades & Small Industries
In 2007, Travel Agents Association of Pakistan through a letter has closed its branch in Peshawar, by freezing its accounts. The member Travel agents were left alone to face problems confronting to them from different Government departments. . Local Travel agents have formed a committee in order to negotiate with the Central Association in order to solve the problems. The committee comprised of Mr. Mohammad Nisar, Mr. F.A. Jaleel, Mr. Syed Ali Baqir, Mr. Umar Daraz, Mr. Shahi Mulk, Mr. Afzal Shah and Mr. Shamsher Ali. Even after 2 or 3 meetings no result was found.
Due to which the above committee decided to register the Local Association in the name of Travel Agents Association Peshawar and after framing a constitution for the Local Association and fulfilling all the legal requirements, the Association was register with the Provincial Government. Mr. Shamsher Ali was elected as its first Chairman.
- To work for the benefits of the Travel Trade and safeguard the rights of the Travel Agents.
- To arrange training programs for the staff members of the Member Travel Agencies, in order to enhance their professional skills.
- To protect its member Travel Agencies against the Gove Department and illegal harassment.
- To provide financial guarantees to Different Airlines and Govt departments needed by the Travel Agents.
- To help the member Travel Agencies in strengthening its financial position.